Wed, Apr 21|
The Internet of Metals
Tracing the DNA of Metal
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2021, 11:00 AM
About the event
Building a Digital Supply Chain
Wednesday 21 April 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Digitalisation - The Enabling Layer for an Efficient Business
Tony Faneco, CCO at Chinsay
The Internet of Metals – Tracing the DNA of Metal
Werner Aumayr and Leo Pöcksteine, Managing Directors, CoilDNA
When people think of DNA analysis, they often think about shows like CSI, which portray DNA samples coming into a lab and pulling up a picture of the suspect within a short period of time. Indeed, it is fascinating how only a single DNA fragment can be used to draw conclusions about a person! This concept can also be transferred to the metals industry.
Inspired by the human DNA, the Austrian company coilDNA has developed a revolutionary technology that gives an identity to individual pieces of metal, tracks its history and turns them into a smart, internet connected product.
During the webinar you will learn how coilDNA’s technology works and what can be achieved with it:
- Optimized processing of metal parts considering the local properties of the semi-finished product used
- Simple tracking of metal products and their properties throughout the whole supply-chain from manufacturer to processor
- Data-driven communication with the producer or the material-engineer by just taking a picture of a product with a coilDNA code.
- Forgery protection: Using the coilDNA technology anyone in the world can check whether a document assigned to a specific metal part is valid.
- Sustainability information (e.g. ASI certificates) can be tracked for every single metal part produced from a certified supplier